need a survey,property surveyors for your building survey

epc providers around the uk, find your local epc service here.
Click on the map above to locate your nearest surveyor.
Or use the left hand menu.
Select your area to find your local surveyor.

When you are buying a house, it is very easy to get seduced by the look and feel of the place  - and ignore the possible faults with the property because 'it feels right'

Research by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) has revealed the shocking truth. Many buyers are unknowingly setting themselves up for an average £5,750 in repair bills on their new home, thanks to whole range of hidden problems such as structural defects, rot and subsidence.

It is therefore essential to get a survey carried out when you have an offer accepted on a property to find out about the condition of the building.

It can help you negotiate money off if there is costly work that needs to be done and also help you to budget for any future repairs that might be needed.

You will have to pay for a mortgage valuation in order to secure a mortgage offer but this should not be confused with a survey. The mortgage valuation merely confirms to the lender that the property is worth at least what it is lending you - it is not its responsibility to point out any repairs that need doing.

A home is a massive investment and it is worth paying a few hundred pounds for a survey at this stage as it could save you much bigger sums, and lots of hassle, later on.
Information for Surveyors
Copyright © 2013 by  · Part of The EPC Man Network   ·  All Rights reserved  ·  Powered by
select your location
a network of qualified and fully accredited surveyors around the UK
Local Property Surveyors around the UK
This is the most popular report and typically it is the report your solicitor has in mind when they recommend getting a survey to protect your own interests. It will tell you much more than a mortgage valuation report as it breaks the property down into individual elements of the construction, for example walls, roof, windows, floors, electrics and heating. Each element will have a comment on overall condition and on any issues requiring attention.
These items are allocated a rating so that you can easily see what requires attention and what to do next. Where appropriate, the surveyor will include photographs to support comments and issues raised within the report making it much easier for the client and their legal advisor to identify with, and relate to, the text of the report.  A home buyer report is suitable for the vast majority of house types in the UK including apartments.

It may SAVE you money in the long run. Also if you intend to purchase a property that still has it's NHBC guarantee or equivalent, you should still obtain a survey as the guarantee may be void if you don't!

If you are purchasing a NEW or Refurbished property in it is very wise to ask about a Snagging Report on your new home before you move in. This report checks everything works and the builder has not made any mistakes. A typical new property has over 100 faults or problems reported.

To enquire with your local surveyor about a Home Buyer Condition Survey please use the menu in the left hand column to localte your nearest surveyor.

If you need a domestic or commercial energy performance certificate or a gas safety certificate please choose on of our other sites below.
About the Home Buyer Condition Survey.
Are you a qualified surveyor ? Are you looking to increase your local market share for Homebuyers Surveys? is looking to link up with a surveyor in each town/city in the UK who would be interested in joining our network.

We are a partner site of The EPC Man Network which we started in April 2013. This network has now grown to a nationwide service with over 300 areas covered.

Take a look at our site at to get an idea of how we plan to make into a similar successful network.

For more information on joining and also featuring your business on our new site at

click here
I need a Domestic EPC
I need a Commercial EPC
EPC Providers for
Commercial Properties.

Please Click Here
EPC Providers for Domestic Properties.
i.e Houses, Flats, Bungalows, Maisonette's etc.

Please Click Here
I need a Gas Safety Certificate
The Gas Safe Man is our network of Fully Qualified Gas Engineers
around the UK.

Please Click Here